Re: VRML file importer?

You da man, Ronn!  Now my animations will be extra sexy!

Thanks for the reply.  I have been working with a free open source 3d
modeling, animation and rendering program called Openfx hoping that I could
export geometry from it into IDL.  One of the export formats is DFX.  It is
currently only available for Win32 platforms but work is in progress to port
it to linux and  *BSD.  For those interested take a look at
http://www.openfx.org

Also, either dfx_example.pro has moved or been removed from 5.4 since there
is no examples/object directory.

When I get some time I'll look at this routine closely and post the results.

-Rick Towler

"ronn kling" <ronn@rlkling.com> wrote in message
B6B34D02.1D29%ronn@rlkling.com">news:B6B34D02.1D29%ronn@rlkling.com...
> in article 96k1js$q1s$1@nntp6.u.washington.edu, Rick Towler at
> rtowler@u.washington.edu wrote on 2/16/01 3:15 PM:
>
> > This is a little off the wall but has anybody written or know about an
IDL
> > routine to IMPORT vrml, .3ds, or any other "standard" 3d file format?
My