Re: Back to idl after a looong time...

Martin Schultz wrote:

> "Pavel A. Romashkin" wrote:
> >
> > Martin Schultz wrote:
> >
> > > I only reply here, because I could not see anyone mention the one and
> > > only most wonderful idlwave mode for (X)Emacs distributed by Carsten
> > > Dominik : http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~dominik/Tools/idlwave/
> >
> > Make sure it works on my darn Mac, too!
> > No luck for me here. Sorry. The IDLDE mode that "sucks" for others is my
> > only option :-(
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pavel
>
> Hi Pavel, you forgot the ;-) after "Mac". It just must be a joke after
> Craig's recent post. Anyway, the fact there is no emacs for the Mac
> tells me there is something wrong with this system ;-)

http://mac-emacs.sourceforge.net/

Also, with MacOSX coming, with its FreeBSD/Mach core, getting a fully
up-to-date emacs running should be trivial.
http://www.porkrind.org/emacs/ talks about one effort in that
direction.  So, if you're looking forward to OSX and would like to run
IDLWAVE to its full potential (or are just tired of the IDLDE), you
might want to start lobbying RSI now to be sure and include a MacOSX
terminal version of IDL, in addition to the DE.  It should be pretty
trivial to perform that port.

JD