Running IDL from cron

Hi, everyone -

With Deja gone and Google barely functional I have to ask here what I'm
sure has been addressed before:

How do you run IDL routines from cron - while maintaining IDL_PATH and
other environment variables?

I have had no trouble running my idl routines using batch or at, when
starting in the same directory as the main-level routine.  In that case
my environment is copied to the spawned process.

Now I have the need to run these from cron.  I have been able to write
scripts to cd to the appropriate directory and to run my .cshrc (where
my IDL_PATH and other environment variables are defined), but keep
running into problems.  The latest is than .cshrc bombs on a
system-level env that apparently isn't defined when running from cron.

So can anyone point me in the right direction?
I'm running { alpha OSF unix 5.3 Nov 11 1999}.

Many thanks in advance,
   Gwyn Fireman