Re: Running IDL from cron

This is a pretty ugly hack, but one i use with at and cron.
create a save file of your IDL session, with the following two commands:

IDL> save, /var, file='variables.sav'
IDL> save, /all, file='procedures.sav'

Then, i have my at job restore those two save files.
I usually have my at jobs run a third file that is full of .com commands
to compile any other procedures i'm interested in using...

wait for some other people to respond to this post, i'm sure there is a
better way... :)

-k.