[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Modules directory howto find or link IDL 2 it
- Subject: Re: Modules directory howto find or link IDL 2 it
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:52:23 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23629
Sean Heukels (email@example.com) writes:
> I've written several modules, ones that work,
> and have proven themselves through time,
> how do I link them (from a subdir) in IDL???
I'd get Ronn Kling's wonderful new book _Calling C
from IDL_. Everything you ever wanted to know in there. :-)
You can order directly from Ronn:
> We have IDL running on Unix, multi user, all with our own homes.
> I want my version of IDL or in my environment to look for a PRO file
> in its current directory, then MYmodule directory and then the IDL main
> module directory.
> How can I accomplish this?
Add the directories to your !PATH system variable
in exactly that order.
> Must I set a environment variable??
You don't have to, but many people do. The !Path
system variable obtains its information from the
IDL_PATH environment variable.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155