Re: survey: accelerated 3D volumetric rendering

David, you are always pushing that software rendering..... :)   I can't wait
for the day the software renderer is retired.

Software rendering is useless for real time rendering of 3d object graphics
scenes (at least the scenes I work with).  It is true that hardware
rendering comes with quirks but at least on the PC the latest generation of
nvidia products are quite good.  It all comes down to the drivers and in the
consumer market nvidia is the only company that I know of shipping decent
OpenGL drivers. The professional market is another question.

Most people probably shy away from volumes but I thought at least a few med
imaging people would pipe up.

-Rick Towler

"David Fanning" <davidf@dfanning.com> wrote in message
MPG.1505e00a9af63e39989d6e@news.frii.com">news:MPG.1505e00a9af63e39989d6e@news.frii.com...
> Rick Towler (rtowler@u.washington.edu) writes:
>
> > What are peoples experiences with accelerated 3d volumetric rendering.
I am