[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Communication between different widget bases
- Subject: Communication between different widget bases
- From: "Michael Baca" <mbaca(at)bos.fti-net.com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:17:24 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Shore.Net, a PRIMUS Company (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23823
I have a program that allows the user to view a TVSCL of a data cube with
intensity obtained at (x,y) position (rows/columsn) over time. Typically the
user plots the intensity at all positions at a single slice in time, i.e.
TVSCL, A(*,*,n). I would like to allow the user to open a new window that
will show the intensity plot vs. time for the position under the mouse
pointer. Regrettably, I have already used up all of the space in my current
WIDGET_BASE and I do not have room to add another draw widget. I would like
to open a new WIDGET_BASE with a draw widget that will change as the mouse
moves over the image.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Most of the work I have done before
spawned new WIDGET_BASEs that ran independent of the original one. I can
already pop up a plot of the point under the mouse after a mouse release
event, but that's not what I had in mind. I want the plot to change as the
user moves the mouse to new positions. Is there any way to have real-time
communication between two widget bases?
Frontier Techonolgy, Inc.