help in converting PV-Wave code to IDL

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could pick your collective brains on this one. I've
been sent some PV-Wave code which I need to convert to IDL. I've managed
nearly all of it, in fact there is but one sticking point ...

In their code they make the following call:

alpha=multiregress(evects,obs, /no, res=res)

without having recourse to the PV-Wave documentation I can work out that
evects is X and obs Y in this multi-linear regression, and I'm guessing
that res is the residuals which would make sense in terms of further
statements afterwards. However, I have no idea what keyword no performs
in the PV-Wave function. The closest equivalent IDL function which I can
find is regress, but this doesn't seem to have the ability to return the
residuals on keyword call. I may be barking up the wrong tree though on
this one.

Thanks for your help

Peter