[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Plotting values in a map.
- Subject: Re: Plotting values in a map.
- From: Paul van Delst <paul.vandelst(at)noaa.gov>
- Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 08:49:54 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23841
> Hi all.
> I'm an absolute begginer in IDL an perhaps this is a very simple question...
> I'm working with an 193x92 array and I'd like to plot the values point by
> point in a map. I have been using contour, but in this case I need to plot
> the points independently (I have values over the Ocean only). I'm thinking
> in somethig similar (but better) to the POST command in surfer
> Thanks in advance
I usually use PLOTS for (small numbers of) individual points on maps? For gobs of points
maybe PLOT would be better but with PSYM keyword = some +ve number (i.e. symbols and no
Paul van Delst A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;
Ph: (301)763-8000 x7274 There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
Fax:(301)763-8545 And drinking largely sobers us again.
email@example.com Alexander Pope.