Re: astronomical coordinate conversion

"Christopher W. O'Dell" wrote:

> Has anyone written a program to convert local (Alt-Az)
> coordinates to Celestial (RA-Dec) ?  EULER does it for
> converting between the fixed coordinate systems (galactic,
> ecliptic, celestial), but doesn't do alt-az.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

John Keck sent me the procedure rd2azel.pro several months ago for
inclusion in the IDL Astronomy Library, and for complicated reasons I
have been very negligent about getting it installed.   Meanwhile you can
get it from ftp://idlastro.gsfc.nasa.gov/landsman/pro .   (I know that
you are asking for the opposite direction Alt-Az to RA-Dec, but its a
start.)

--Wayne
Landsman
landsman@mpb.gsfc.nasa.gov