Re: how to label minor tick marks on a log axis???

Paul van Delst wrote:

> Sorry for the twenty questions today but how does one go about labeling the minor tick
> marks on a log axis (or a linear one for that matter)? Does such a simple thing require
> use of XYOUTS?

You could try Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw instead of XYouts. I had a
lot more luck with it, making IDL PS files look the way I want them. It
is so easy to make, line up, distribute and place them where you need
them. Oh, maybe I should've sent this reply to some
"comp.graphics.adobe" newsgroup?

Pavel

P.S. I guess I tried to say that I wish some things were easier to do in IDL.