[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: how to label minor tick marks on a log axis???
- Subject: Re: how to label minor tick marks on a log axis???
- From: "Pavel A. Romashkin" <pavel.romashkin(at)noaa.gov>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:49:57 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NOAA-CMDL-CIRES
- References: <3AA8022E.A376BFBD@noaa.gov>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23906
Paul van Delst wrote:
> Sorry for the twenty questions today but how does one go about labeling the minor tick
> marks on a log axis (or a linear one for that matter)? Does such a simple thing require
> use of XYOUTS?
You could try Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw instead of XYouts. I had a
lot more luck with it, making IDL PS files look the way I want them. It
is so easy to make, line up, distribute and place them where you need
them. Oh, maybe I should've sent this reply to some
P.S. I guess I tried to say that I wish some things were easier to do in IDL.