Re: interactive color changes within a procedure

Craig Markwardt wrote:

> JD Smith <jdsmith@astro.cornell.edu> writes:
>
> > Craig Markwardt wrote:
> > > I still use round parenthesis for all my new programs!
> >
> > For shame!  Perpetuating a colossal syntax mistake.
> >
> > COMPILE_OPT STRICTARR
>
> I prefer to call it "classic" syntax.
>
> My putative reason was for compatibility with IDL 4, but this
> reasoning is slowly dissipating now.

How can one not use "break", "continue", and "switch"?  When you're
still adding basic programming control functionality in your 25 year old
product, it's hardly a wonder many packages require the latest version.
I for one will always be adding a "Requires v5.4" disclaimer.

JD

P.S. IDL has turned 25!  Did anyone throw a party?  If not, next Friday
at David's.  Bring your own device.