Re: Open file in 5.4

"Pavel A. Romashkin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to run 5.4 for the first time. The first thing I noticed is
> that it takes now good 3 seconds to open a small program file that
> opened instantly before, in 5.3. Is it so that I can enjoy the slick
> progress bar indicator? Is there a way to turn this feature off? Or, is
> it loading a text-to speech converter, or voice entry mode for dictating
> the code?

I hope you have your own office. :o)

I use nedit for editing with the syntax highlighting on and, if the file is a biggie (or
if I have a large number of windows/applications open/running), it takes a second or two
for the colours to be applied. Maybe it's a similar thing.

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;