[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Open file in 5.4
- Subject: Re: Open file in 5.4
- From: Paul van Delst <paul.vandelst(at)noaa.gov>
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:24:30 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP
- References: <3AAD5C12.97FB96E@noaa.gov>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23960
"Pavel A. Romashkin" wrote:
> I just tried to run 5.4 for the first time. The first thing I noticed is
> that it takes now good 3 seconds to open a small program file that
> opened instantly before, in 5.3. Is it so that I can enjoy the slick
> progress bar indicator? Is there a way to turn this feature off? Or, is
> it loading a text-to speech converter, or voice entry mode for dictating
> the code?
I hope you have your own office. :o)
I use nedit for editing with the syntax highlighting on and, if the file is a biggie (or
if I have a large number of windows/applications open/running), it takes a second or two
for the colours to be applied. Maybe it's a similar thing.
Paul van Delst A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;
Ph: (301)763-8000 x7274 There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
Fax:(301)763-8545 And drinking largely sobers us again.
firstname.lastname@example.org Alexander Pope.