Re: *.cdf files

Martin Leitner wrote:

> Hello
> Does anyone know good literature or good web sides about how to work on
> cdf  files with IDL?
> greetings
> Martin Leitner

Dear Martin,

I have written a publication how we use the cdf format netCDF.
We are having a function read_ncdf (read_hdf) and a procedure write_ncdf
(write_hdf).
Both are used by a defined structure (ICG-DATA-STRUCT) to exchange data
between IDL and netCDF.
The most part of the publication is a detailed description of this
structure
and lots of examples how it could be used. There is no problem to define
1 to 8-dimensions of a dataset in this structure. Many coordination
variables
are possible.
Other chapters are IDL and HTML and how to make printouts for
publications as standard.

My publication is written in German.

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html

The library you can access from
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich