[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
dlm creating an array?
- Subject: dlm creating an array?
- From: Randall Skelton <rhskelto(at)atm.ox.ac.uk>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:02:33 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Oxford University, England
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24316
Is there a way to make a dlm that creates an IDL array?
i.e. I am writing a simple file reading dlm that reads a binary file and
generates a 1 dimensional array (or vector) and I would like this array
returned to IDL such that the function syntax is something like:
IDL> return = file_reader("test.bin", a);
where "return" is for error checking, "test.bin" is the file to read, and
"a" is what I would like the *new* array to be called.
Is there something like, "IDL_StoreArray" as opposed to "IDL_StoreScalar?"
Any and all hints and suggestions are greatly appreciated!