poly_2d

I am using poly_2d to warp an image. I am using 3 parameters for each
coordinate (e.g. xnew=a+bx+cy and similar for ynew). My problem is I am
having trouble choosing 'a' such that the center of the image (actually pixel
[64,64] of a 128x128 image) does not move. Using a=fix(-64.*(b+c-1.)) keeps
the center stationary to about 1 pixel which is not good enough. I wrote my
own version of the warping program which does what I want but is slower than
poly_2d. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Phil