Re: Google Stiffling Free Flow of Jokes

> Are you saying I am banished from this newsgroup? :-(

Speaking of being banished from this newsgroup, my employer has decided
he/she/it doesn't want to pay NZ$3600 per year for newsgroup access, when
very few people in the organisation use it (and I probably account for 90%
of the postings).

I can *read* the group via some generous people in the UK (who probably
haven't secured their NNTP server properly). But they're not so generous as
to allow posting, so my 15 minutes of fame on comp.lang.idl-pvwave may come
to an end soon. Can anyone suggest alternatives, preferably ones which do
not require spending money? My other favourite group, comp.lang.python, has
a Usenet<->email gateway. there's no such thing for comp.lang.idl-pvwave.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research