[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Re: dialog_pickfile
- From: thierry(at)NOSPAM.rsinc.com (Thierry Faucounau)
- Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:29:23 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Research Systems, Inc.
- References: <3ACB5CAB.C984FA8E@noaa.gov>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24469
In article <3ACB5CAB.C984FA8E@noaa.gov>, "Pavel A. Romashkin"
> Is it a Mac thing that the FILE keyword is ignored in DIALOG_PICKFILE?
> temp = dialog_pickfile(file='first_guess.txt')
> results in "all files" mask and no initial selection. Of course,
> "first_guess.txt" exists in the directory of interest.
It is indeed a Mac thing that the file keyword is ignored in
dialog_pickfile when /write is not specified. This is because the standard
Mac open dialog does not have an actual field for type ahead searching
like the other platforms (and Mac OS X for that matter).
If you want to limit the display to only that file use the filter keyword:
temp = dialog_pickfile(filter='first_guess.txt')
this will set the value of the filter to first_guess.txt and will hide all