Re: Displaying a plot and a true color image on the same window

Thanks David, but I'm still having the same problem...probably I couldnt phrase the problem properly. Here it is again:

I'm displaying some bytescaled elevation data using color table (in my case its RAINBOW with top WHITE) below this I'm trying to display true color jpeg images on the same window. As soon as the color table is loaded the color images are displayed according to the color table being used, and loose their true color.

I found that this is due to the color table as if I dont load the color table, images are displayed perfectly fine.

Hope this time I phrased it correctly!!

Thanks,
-Alok

David Fanning wrote:

Well, now that I read this a little more closely,
I think the problem is that you are trying to
display these images on an 8-bit display. This
makes the problem more difficult, but not
impossible.

What you need to do is make all your images and your
color bar share the same color space. I think the
sensible way to do this is to use COLOR_QUAN with
the CUBE keyword set to 6 on all your image. This
will quantitize your colors to 216 values that
can faithfully (more or less) represent both the
images and (I presume) color bar.