[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Large data sets
- Subject: Re: Large data sets
- From: Alex Schuster <alex(at)pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de>
- Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:12:33 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Max-Planck-Institut fuer neurologische Forschung
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24807
Neil Talsania wrote:
> I am new to IDL, and everything that I have done so far works great on
> small data sets. But, I dont know how to use it for a large (>2 gig)
> dataset, as I obviously just cant load that into an array. The data is on
> disk and can either be tiled so that it is stored in 1024x1024 segments, or
> it is stripped which is one complete row at a time. Even a complete row is
> large (>80000 samples).
> Any thoughts as to how I would be able to use this data?
Have a look at the ASSOC() function.
Alex Schuster Wonko@weird.cologne.de PGP Key available