[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Converting PV-Wave SAVE files to IDL?
- Subject: Converting PV-Wave SAVE files to IDL?
- From: "Art Croucher" <art.croucher(at)jhuapl.edu>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:43:37 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab, Laurel, MD, USA
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24865
Does anyone have any experience converting PV-Wave SAVE files to IDL? We
have two groups of people working together - one group has historically used
PV-Wave and the other has used IDL. Sharing datasets between them is a
We have both products, so I was thinking about doing a PV-Wave RESTORE,
writing an HDF, and then reading the HDF using IDL. There are too many save
sets to do this by hand, so I'm looking for something that can be automated.
But I'm not sure if that would even work in theory (for data, not code or
Has anybody succeeded in translating SAVE files? Or not succeeded?