Re: Image overlay

This solution escaped me at the time of my previous post.  The result of
using alpha blending to combine two pixels can be easily calculated:

result = ALPHA * srcPixel + ( 1 - ALPHA ) * destPixel

where

ALPHA - ranges from 0.0 to 1.0
result - Is the alpha blended color
srcPixel - Is the foreground pixel
destPixel- Is the background pixel

with an alpha of 0.0 the result will be the background pixel and with an
alpha of 1.0 the result will be the foreground pixel.

-Rick

9cptae$sk6$1@nntp6.u.washington.edu">news:9cptae$sk6$1@nntp6.u.washington.edu...