interpolating gridded data

Hi,
I have a 1000 by 1000 array of gridded integer data.  I have used
triangulate and trigrid functions to interpolate an irregularly gridded
data set to get this array.  I gave a missing value 1000000L using
trigrid.

I have now identified certain regions in this data array that I want to
remove, and i want to regrid this data array by interpolating so that
the regions that I have removed from the data array are filled with
values from its neighboring regions.  How do I go about doing this?
What value should I give to the identified regions, so as to remove it
from the final regridded array.
I guess I am falling in trouble because I have already set a missing
value to certain parts of this data array(during trigrid).

Thanks,
amar

Murphy's Law of Research:
Enough research will tend to support your theory.
Amar Nayegandhi
Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science,
University of South Florida, Tampa.