Problem with STRSPLIT using /EXTRACT

I'm using version 5.3 of IDL.

I tested a program in IDLDE using STRSPLIT with /EXTRACT. The program
worked perfectly. I then incorporated my program in a larger IDL
program, too large for IDLDE. From the IDL prompt, the tested program
failed to compile, the error being the /EXTRACT keyword. I looked at the
definition of strsplit.pro and found no reference to the keyword
argument /EXTRACT. Anybody know about this?

I tried looking this question up in the Google Usenet archive, but no
luck. Is this the most uptodate location for the (truncated) Usenet
archive?

Marianne

P.S. You should see what I got at www.dejavu.com!