Re: color table conversion

Arend Sluis <sluis@physics.rutgers.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> this is a bit of an arcane topic, but here goes. I would like to use the
> CIE Lab or CIE Luv color system to choose the colors that I want to load
> into the IDL color table. The conversion from either of these color
> systems to CIE XYZ is standard, the problem is the conversion from CIE
> XYZ to RGB in IDL. I found one conversion (in the procedure PSEUDO), but
> it doesn't seem to be correct, since white is not in the correct place,
> i.e. Lab = (*,0.,0.). Does anyone have any ideas how to find the correct
> conversion, or how the folks at rsinc found their XYZ->RGB
> transformation to begin with?!

Have you looked at http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~raed/image.html "and
references therein.."?

Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan
ESA SOHO SOC/European Space Agency Science Operations Coordinator for SOHO

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center,      Email: shaugan@esa.nascom.nasa.gov
Mail Code 682.3, Bld. 26,  Room G-1,   Tel.:  1-301-286-9028/240-354-6066
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771, USA.	       Fax:   1-301-286-0264