[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Basic insight into Insight basics?
- Subject: Re: Basic insight into Insight basics?
- From: mvukovic(at)taz.telusa.com (Mirko Vukovic)
- Date: 18 May 2001 12:59:05 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: http://groups.google.com/
- References: <3B018D9D.AD173184@cfa.harvard.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24995
"Richard A. Bennett" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message news:<3B018D9D.AD173184@cfa.harvard.edu>...
> I am new to IDL. I am using version 5.1. I was psyched to discover the
> INSIGHT feature. It allows me to make nifty plots in no time. However,
> I cannot seem to figure out how to get my nifty Insight plots into
> presentable (high-resolution, color) postscript files. I've tinkered
> with the print menu button and options thereunder, and tried converting
> gif/jpeg output to postscript, with no real success. Many thanks in
> advance for any advice on how to go about this.
Beware that insight has been discontinued as of IDL5.4. The only way
I managed to print to PS was to install a post-script printer driver
on my windowsNT machine, and print to a file. As I work on slow
machines (<200MHz) (hard to believe but I rarely feel dragged by
them), printing from object graphics was too slow for my taste.