[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Density from scattered points
- Subject: Re: Density from scattered points
- From: "Don J Lindler" <lindler(at)rockit.gsfc.nasa.gov>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:35:20 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (skates.gsfc.nasa.gov)
- References: <3B0E6CC6.BA48E499@is2.dal.ca>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25093
"Simon de Vet" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> I have a set of 10,000 points, each with specific X and Y locations. Is
> there an easy way to convert the discrete points into a density array
> suitable for plotting with Contour, or for fitting a surface? I just
> need a simple function to subdivide the region into squares, and assign
> a density based on the number of points which fall within a particular
> I think I could probably write something from scratch, but it seems that
> this is something that should be out there already...
> Any ideas?
Try the IDL HIST_2D function.