[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SPAWN command bug
- Subject: SPAWN command bug
- From: LUH WILLIAM <luhw(at)ecf.utoronto.ca>
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 16:13:41 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Toronto, Engineering Computing Facility
- Sender: news(at)ecf.utoronto.ca (news)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25117
Hi, I'm having trouble with using really long commands with spawn. Here's
strCommand = '"c:\program files\spectral\spec.exe" ' + $
string(x) + ' ' + string(y) + ' "' + strOutput + '"'
where x = 25, y = 25 for example
Now call Spawn, strCommand:
for strOutput = '.\OUT\output.dat', everything works fine.
for strOutput =
'c:\program files\spectral\develop\debug exe\output\first\output.dat', I
this error message:
% XMANAGER: Caught unexpected error from client application. Message
% SPAWN: Error executing spawn command.
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
There appears to be no problem with SPAWN in case 1, and after I quit case
2, I can still call SPAWN without any complaints. I suspect it's because
the command string strCommand is too long, since for shorter strOutput it
works, however after reading the help for SPAWN, I did not find anything
about a limit on the string length of command. Are there any workarounds
to this problem?