Re: Multiple surface plotting

From: "Paul van Delst" <paul.vandelst@noaa.gov>

> Regarding the OG solution - the learning curve is too steep for my time
allowance for the task. The
> number crunching part took, oh, about a day. Producing pretty output was
secondary and mostly to let
> the higher ups know I'm earning my pay. Via direct graphics it's taken me
about half a day just to
> produce the eye-candy (the number crunching was easy after futzing about
with reading all manner of
> other people's input files). If OG can produce the pretty pictures in less
time, great! Where do I
> start? :o)

Go to...

    http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/gust/software/idl/

...and get the library, then run mgh_example_surface, which, you will see,
is 51 lines long (and most of them are comments or blank). I just added a
second surface to the graph for you!

Or you could get David's object graphics surface routine and work out how to
add additional surfaces. Shouldn't be too hard.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Posted from clam.niwa.cri.nz [202.36.29.1]