Re: Which Graphics Card?

"Pavel A. Romashkin" <pavel.romashkin@noaa.gov> wrote in message
3B214B4B.F42F10A5@noaa.gov">news:3B214B4B.F42F10A5@noaa.gov...

> I take it, you own one or are ready to buy one? It is the hottest and
> most modern gaming card, and there is no question about it. But it is
> not the only one, and my question is, does a typical user utilize the
> novelties provided by GF3 in everyday work, and if these advantages are
> worth the extra money. Besides, you need an AGPpro slot to be sure it
> will work reliably

ha! ha! ha!

Pavel, you got me.  Yes, the GF3 is on the list for the annual august
upgrade.

Do I think that the average IDL user will benefit from the GF3?  Unless they
work with object graphics no, go buy a $30 4mb video card.  If they are
serious object graphics users? For sure!  I guess I put David in the
"serious object graphics user" category. (maybe that was my mistake? ;)

You do not *need* an AGP pro slot although I would recommend a hearty power
supply.

-Rick