Re: getting data from IGOR into IDL

I assume you are talking of IGOR, the WaveMetrics visualization program...
there are actually a few 'IGOR' software packages on the web now.

I used IGOR for a few years before moving to IDL but I cannot say that I
really know what you mean when you write that you want to 'send IGOR data
into IDL?' Do you want to read IGOR binary waves into IDL?  Do you want to
read the packed experiments?  If you are thinking DDE, I assume you are
only wanting to support Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 platforms?  IGOR also
supports external C modules using their XOP toolkit (equivalent to DLMs)
which might be useful for communicating.  I cannot think that it would be
easy in any event... I'd post the question to WaveMetrics support as they
are all excellent to work with--  If it is possible, they can tell you how
it ought to be done.

Cheers,
Randall