Events in IDLDrawWidget

Hello,

I am trying to make a gui in VB which should replace the idl-gui of
slicer3.
So I like to be able to press the mousebutton-down and move the mouse
while
the button stays down.
A procedure "motion" and "buttonpressed" is defined in a .pro file and
the calls
from VB succeed.
But I get the motion-response after I released the button.
How can I get motion-events during the buttonpress state?
Do I need to use the trackball? My impression was that that is the
solution
if you use object-graphics, which I don't.

Greeting
Bert
o--o

E.P.B. Bierman