[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Events in IDLDrawWidget
- Subject: Re: Events in IDLDrawWidget
- From: david(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:51:50 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <3B49CC16.8A3C434A@tm.tno.nl>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25597
Bert Bierman writes:
> I am trying to make a gui in VB which should replace the idl-gui of
> So I like to be able to press the mousebutton-down and move the mouse
> the button stays down.
> A procedure "motion" and "buttonpressed" is defined in a .pro file and
> the calls
> from VB succeed.
> But I get the motion-response after I released the button.
> How can I get motion-events during the buttonpress state?
> Do I need to use the trackball? My impression was that that is the
> if you use object-graphics, which I don't.
I know very little about how widget programs
work in VB, but you certainly can use the
trackball whenever you like. It has nothing
whatsoever to do with object graphics.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155