Looking for IDL code to read Excel spreadsheet

I have a large number of Excel spreat sheets. They are in a very simple format.
There is a 1-line four column header, followed by four columns of numbers, eg:

Time       Concentration    Time2      Response
14:48:20   19.29            14:42:01   1.5
14:48:25   5.34             14:42:06   0.7
...etc.

I want to read in the numbers for processing in IDL. I could, within Excel,
export the data to an ascii file, but there are a LOT of files to do. Is there
an IDL routine that will read a simple Excel spreadsheet like this? (To make
matters worse, I run IDL on a Sun Sparcstation.)

I apologize if this has been covered in the newsgroup and I've missed it, but I
have looked in various FAQs and through the various IDL libraries and archives
on the Web and have found nothing so far.

Thanks

John McFee

--
Dr. John E. McFee