Re: Looking for IDL code to read Excel spreadsheet

I use data from Excel all the time, but I always export them to a .CSV (commas
separate values) format first.  Then they can be read into IDL easily.
Alternatively, you could study one of the files with a hex editor to figure out
where the data that you want actually starts and how the files are structured, and
then use binary reads.  Good luck -