Re: Am I stupid?

Paul van Delst <paul.vandelst@noaa.gov> writes:

> It will make code harder to read and understand. Once you give your
> code to others, they may use it in other code with abbreviated
> keywords and not enough comments as to what they are doing. The
> current set up does not allow this.
>
> Therefore it is A Good Thing. :o)
>
> > So who is frustrated enough to put in a feature
> > request with RSI (/VNI?) for this, for the benefit of us all?
>
> I wonder if there is a way for me to write a little Perl script to
> automatically send in a Feature Un-Request whenever this Feature
> Request is emailed to RSI......  :o)

If that really is the RSI policy, then they should make it an error to
compile a procedure with ambiguous keywords.  If I can define the TIME
and TIMEUNIT keywords, then I should fairly well be able to use them
both!  [ Now I could be sneaky and use _EXTRA to get around this, but
you've just told us why not to be sneaky. :-]

Craig