Re: Ug...Floating Illegal Operand...leave me alone!

Timm Weitkamp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Concerning Jeff's statement:
>
> > zeros.  (I don't think there's a way to make IDL halt at the time the
> > error occurs, as it does with other errors.)
>
> I think that's true, but you can at least make IDL print out the error
> message at the moment where it occurs (instead of the default behavior
> of message output after program termination) by setting the system
> variable !EXCEPT to 2.

Excellent advice for finding those pesky "Floating Illegal Operand" errors. It allowed me
to find where floating underflows in the denominator of an expression were causing rather
largish errors... :o)

Be prepared for a lot of screen output though.

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;