Re: IDL and Beowolf ?

dmarshall@ivory.trentu.ca wrote:

> I just finished reading The Do-It-Yourself Supercomputer by William W.
> Hargrove, Forrest M. Hoffman and Thomas Sterling in this months Scientific
> American
> http://www.sciam.com/2001/0801issue/0801hargrove.html
> And wondered if anyone had any thoughts/experience with running IDL
> applications on such a cluster.

I just read that article this morning. Veddy interesting. But if it is possible to
parallelise IDL code runs, would you need a license for each PC???  Cripes  :o))  *

paulv

[*] A joke

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;