Re: Question about tutorial in 1D Gaussian Filter

hi Cora,

coraluk@hkpc.org (Cora) wrote in message
> I want to use a 1D Gaussian Filter to fit a curve. After visiting the
> tutorial about 1D Curve fitting in IDL, I still found some problems in
> the function gauss1. Following are the questions:
>
> 1) What is the return of "size(x)"?
>
> 2) What is meant by "!dpi"?
>

> Yours,
> Cora

SIZE returns information (e.g. array size, type, etc.) about the variable
x.  !dpi is a system variable that contains the double precision value of
pi.  for more info., both are described in more detail on the online help.

best,
-Johnny

Johnny Lin
CIRES, University of Colorado