How to organize client-server IDL application?

Hi,

I need to build classic client-server IDL application. I have some
program on the client side, it sent some data to server part, server
processes this data and returnes the result to client. Both of the
sides are written in IDL. But I can't find a proper way of doing that.
So, what I have found. Where am I wrong?
ActiveX - for one machine and not for IDL client program
ION - for Internet, for browser
Socket - only for client side
RPC - call IDL server from C (how to do this from IDL?)
Now, I'm get out of this problem by managing buffer files on local
network and ftp, but I think it's not quite right.

Thank You,
Altyntsev Dmitriy