[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL and Beowolf ?
- Subject: Re: IDL and Beowolf ?
- From: bruhwile(at)txcorp.com (David Bruhwiler)
- Date: 31 Jul 2001 12:53:47 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: http://groups.google.com/
- References: <GGxou8.KBJ.A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25925
email@example.com wrote in message news:<GGxou8.KBJ.A.firstname.lastname@example.org>...
> I just finished reading The Do-It-Yourself Supercomputer by William W.
> Hargrove, Forrest M. Hoffman and Thomas Sterling in this months Scientific
> And wondered if anyone had any thoughts/experience with running IDL
> applications on such a cluster.
At Tech-X Corporation, we have prototyped the use of MPI (message
passing interface) with IDL and have succesfully tested this simple
prototype on a Beowolf style linux cluster. Tech-X will soon receive
funding from the US Department of Energy for further proof-of-principle
development of this idea. This next round of development will occur
over a six month period, beginning in September.
Tech-X just issued a press release on this subject, and I just posted
that press release to this news group.