[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
extrapolation of surface
- Subject: extrapolation of surface
- From: Alexander Rauscher <e9121161(at)stud4.tuwien.ac.at>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:46:00 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25945
i have a function f(x,y) which is f(x,y) != 0 on a more or less circular
region which lies within an e.g. 128x128 array and 0 outside this region.
now i want to extrapolate this function (over a range of e.g 10 pixles)
into the region outside this circular region without the result being
influenced by all the f(x,y)=0.
sfit also takes into account where f(x,y)=0, which makes the fitted
surface fit(x,y) decrease towards the edge of my array which is not what i
want. (knowing from the shape of the original f(x,y) that it should
anyone an idea what to do?
thanks a lot in advance