sec : U Re: Print format question for the Experts

John McFee wrote:

> Many thanks to Paul van Delst and David Fanning. Two different but cool
> solutions. It would have taken me lots of time to figure out either on my own.

John,

	Another "cool" answer, so to speak...

	This bit of code works fine from the old TTY command line
	environment as found on VMS and Unix boxes.

	Doesn't work under IDLDE in the Output log window however,
	in which case you need a van Delst or "von" Fanning solution.

	HTH,

	Andrew

pro trace_loop_test
  for i = 0,100 do begin
    trace_loop,i
  end
end

pro trace_loop,i
  cr = STRING(13B)	; ASCII Carriage-return Control Code
  print,format='("Processing index Number ",i4,a,$)',i,cr
end

 Andrew D. Cool                                 .->-.
 Electromagnetics & Propagation Group           `-<-'
 Surveillance Systems Division               Transmitted on
 Defence Science & Technology Organisation   100% recycled
 PO Box 1500, Salisbury                        electrons
 South Australia 5108

 Phone : 061 8 8259 5740     Fax : 061 8 8259 6673
 Email  : andrew.cool@dsto.defence.gov.au