[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
matching fields in ascii or text files.
- Subject: matching fields in ascii or text files.
- From: patrick(at)es.ucsc.edu (Patrick McEnaney)
- Date: 3 Aug 2001 09:58:04 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: http://groups.google.com/
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:26015
Folks, suggestions needed for going about the following problem:
I have columnar oceanographic data in two different data files. One is
a txt file, the other ascii. I want to compare depth values in a
column from one file to depth values in a column from a second file,
then write all values associated with a specific depth in other
columns such as temperature, conductivity, nutrients, etc, to another
file. Should I attempt some sort of boolean expression to search
through the two files to match values or is there a more efficient
method that someone can suggest?