Re: User selectable lower array bound?

Craig Markwardt wrote:

> Well, as grumpy as I have been in the past about IDL wishes, this is
> one thing I do not want to have in IDL now!

I am with you Craig. Besides, for the purists of array indexing, I think
it is unfair to dasignate a *lower* array bounds. We don't designate the
*upper* one. To be exact, we need a zero point fixed and the ability to
extend an array in both directions. This way, I can add data in both
positive and negative directions. And Ben will be providing a code
snippet here in a few minutes. Is that from your object programming
book, by the way, Ben :-)?

Cheers,
Pavel

P.S. I think David needs not worry about scientists learning new useful
techniques :-(