Re: problem getting values from cw_bgroup normal base

Lisa Gandy writes:

> I have set up a cw_bgroup in a normal base and am trying to get the
> individual values for each button.  This is the code that
> I am using to set up the compound widget
>
> main_bgroup_arr = ['one','two','three']
> main_bgroup = cw_bgroup(base,main_bgroup_arr,/return_index,/column,$
>               label_top='Main Menu',/frame,uvalue = 1)
>

> and this is the code that I am using to try to access the individual
> values for the buttons...
>
> widget_control,main_bgroup,get_value=val.
>
> The xmanager catches the error and says
> "unable to get plain button group value".
>
> How do I get the individual values for each button?  Can I not
> use the widget_control, get_value property??

No, you can't use the GET_VALUE keyword to get
the button IDs. You can get the button IDs when
you create the button group by using the IDS output
keyword. Then, if you want to use the button IDs
later, you will have to store the values in the info
structure along with everything else you need to
run the program.

   main_bgroup_arr = ['one','two','three']
   main_bgroup = cw_bgroup(base,main_bgroup_arr,/return_index,/column,$
               IDS=buttonIDs, label_top='Main Menu',/frame,uvalue = 1)
   info = { buttonIDs:buttonIDs, ... }
   Widget_Control, tlb, Set_UValue=info, /No_Copy