Re: Discussion on global variables in IDL

Altyntsev Dmitriy writes:

> I felt to be thrown off balance in some way about IDL, but now I feel
> I've got into the 'stream'. I seem to have understood the situation
> and the only thing that one might desire is some feedback from RSI
> like "Okay, guys. We are looking after you. We know what do you want.
> We do a hard work and we will make it better without a doubt. IDL
> forever, etc" Wishful thinking again ;-) Meanwhile I thank you for
> your encouraging (I would even say psychotherapeutic) work, I'm taking
> my wrench and continue doing my work on a slow road.

I'm not sure if it's the result of Perestroika
or the Internet, but the world has certainly
become a smaller place. Who would have thought
the residents of the former Soviet Union would
turn out to have such a good sense of humor!

P.S. Let's just say that the names "Pavel and
Dmitriy" have replaced "incomprehensible discussions
on Histogram functionality are infrequent" on my
Ten Best Things About the IDL Newsgroup list.

Fanning Software Psychotherapy