[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: GUI Builder limited to Windows platform (LONG)
- Subject: Re: GUI Builder limited to Windows platform (LONG)
- From: David Foster <foster(at)bial1.ucsd.edu>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:57:59 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Univ. of Calif San Diego
- References: <3648AEE6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:12750
David Foster wrote:
> I wanted to post a response I received from Mark Goosman, the
> IDL Product Manager, about my concern that the new GUI Builder is
> meant only for the Windows platforms. As far as I can tell, they
> have no plans on extending this functionality to other platforms.
<long response snipped>
I wanted to follow this up with a sincere apology to Mark Goosman.
It is important that everyone know that his reply to me was a
personal communication, and he did not intend to have it posted
for the world to see.
After a discussion with him I realize that I should have responded
to him personally, and then perhaps posted the results of this
exchange. Posting his reply without his permission was a serious
breach of netiquette and I apologize.
After talking with Mark I have a better idea of how hard it is for
RSI to prioritize development efforts given limited resources. And
to be fair, I am much happier having support for Dicom, unsigned
integers, etc. etc. in IDL 5.2 than I would have been with a
GUI builder for my Unix box.
David S. Foster Univ. of California, San Diego
Programmer/Analyst Brain Image Analysis Laboratory
email@example.com Department of Psychiatry
(619) 622-5892 8950 Via La Jolla Drive, Suite 2240
La Jolla, CA 92037