IDL 5.2: Can't read HDF files any more ...

Hello,

I've  recently upgraded to IDL 5.2 on my NT machine and now I can't
read my HDF files any more (which works perfectly well under IDL
5.1.1). The HDF files contains image data stored in scientific data
sets (SDS).  Every time I try to read the SDS,  I get the following
error message:

%HDF_SD_GETDATA: Unsupported or unknown HDF data type (16406).

The same error message appears if I use the HDF_BROWSER program.

Does anybody know about this bug/behaviour?

Regards,
Harald

    Harald Jan Jeszenszky
    harald@iwf.tu-graz.ac.at