New color utilities

I've added a couple of color handling tools to my web page at

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley

COLORSET provides a way to ensure that IDL selects the right display
mode at startup (assuming no windows have been created). It selects true
color (24 bit) if available, or pseudo color (8 bit) visual consistently
on X, Windows, and Macintosh displays. It also sets DECOMPOSED=0 by
default as recommended by David Fanning. I recommend that COLORSET be
used in your IDL startup file.

COLORS will load a selection of graphics colors (Black, White, Green,
Red, etc.) into the color table.

Please feel free to download the source code, give it a whirl, and let
me know what you think.

Cheers,
Liam.

---
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley